Women storytellers Lotte Reiniger

51kX4cC+ZrL

I borrowed another DVD from library, which is a collection of fairy tale films by Lotte Reiniger.

Actually, I personally never crazy about children reading or animations, I am more attracted by dark style philosophy stories. But I feel sometimes watch those beatiful narrative stories also benefit me. Particular in this collection, Lotte worked as a representer used shadow art and classic music.

Animation is always about telling story. Animators have their personal favorite method/media that makes them unique. Lotte Reindeer’s film for me, are very gentle and soft, slowly and objective tell audience what happening now, plus the which fill the visual blank while reading a traditional children’s book.

Information below from internet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotte_Reiniger

Charlotte “Lotte” Reiniger (2 June 1899 – 19 June 1981) was a German film director and the foremost pioneer of silhouette animation. Reiniger made more than 40 films over her career, all using her invention.[1] Her best known films are The Adventures of Prince Achmed(1926) – the oldest surviving feature-length animated film, preceding Walt Disney’s feature-length Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs(1937) by over ten years – and Papageno (1935), featuring music by Mozart. Reiniger is also noted for devising a predecessor to the first multi-plane camera.As a child, she was fascinated with the Chinese art of silhouette puppetry, even building her own puppet theatre, so that she could put on shows for her family and friends.As a teenager, Reiniger fell in love with cinema, first with the films of Georges Méliès for their special effects, then the films of the actor and director Paul Wegener, known today for The Golem (1920). In 1915, she attended a lecture by Wegener that focused on the fantastic possibilities of animation.