Animation:The house that my father built, ( Once upon a time )

I watched this animation in White chapel gallery, the story narratives around father’s cloth. Everything else change all the time, but only the cloth never change. There is specific plots to describe the father and son’s story, but I feel it really sincere and touched. And I like the words he wrote below:%e8%9e%a2%e5%b9%95%e5%bf%ab%e7%85%a7-2017-01-04-%e4%b8%8b%e5%8d%8811-58-46

The animation is made up with three time part as I understand. The still Black figure as personal perspective (“me”), and the small square with tell stories happened around the cloth over these year (environment changes around “me”), and those figure or others fly outside which are not part of “my life” but effect “me”(The world)

And another his piece I found very interesting

%e8%9e%a2%e5%b9%95%e5%bf%ab%e7%85%a7-2017-01-05-%e4%b8%8a%e5%8d%8812-02-41

Sadik Kwaish Alfraji

Multimedia artist Sadik Kwaish Alfraji explores what he describes as ‘the problem of existence’ through drawings, paintings, video animations, art books, graphic art, and installations. The shadowy protagonist who occupies Alfraji’s interdisciplinary works represents a black void, a filter that allows him to explore the precarious intricacies of modern life. By rendering his solitary figure as a charcoal-coloured silhouette and minimising the formal properties of his compositions, Alfraji captures the expressed movements and subtle inflections of the body in psychologically laden environments. The artist often records his own narrative in black and white depictions of this recurring character, particularly the loss, fragmentation, and lapses in time that underline exile.

Born in Baghdad, Iraq in 1960, Sadik Kwaish Alfraji lives and works in Amersfoort, Netherlands. He received a Bachelor of Fine Art in Painting and Plastic Art from the Academy of Fine Arts, Baghdad in 1987 and a High Diploma in Graphic Design from CHK Constantijn Huygens, Netherlands in 2000.